Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottle Rinsing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
khory
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bottle Rinsing

I'm looking for a way to speed up my bottle washing.

I usually do an oxyclean soak to clean and remove labels. That works great but rinsing is a pain. Rinsing them each in the faucet takes forever. I've had success using a giant wash tub of clean water but it is kind of messy.

I've been considering trying the dish washer with no soap, but I'm not sure if it will rinse inside well enough. Has anyone had success with that? Is there a better technique I haven't thought of?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by khory
I'm looking for a way to speed up my bottle washing.

I usually do an oxyclean soak to clean and remove labels. That works great but rinsing is a pain. Rinsing them each in the faucet takes forever. I've had success using a giant wash tub of clean water but it is kind of messy.

I've been considering trying the dish washer with no soap, but I'm not sure if it will rinse inside well enough. Has anyone had success with that? Is there a better technique I haven't thought of?
They make a level that attaches to your faucet to rinse out the insides. Called a jet carboy/ bottle rinser. Maybe this will help?

Old 08-16-2012, 07:07 PM   #3
ajlee
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyGoodBeer View Post
They make a level that attaches to your faucet to rinse out the insides. Called a jet carboy/ bottle rinser. Maybe this will help?
+1 on this. Great for bottles and carboys both.

http://www.homebrewing.org/Jet-Bottle-Washer_p_996.html

Quick Reply