Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > bottle priming fat tire clone

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #1
manco171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default bottle priming fat tire clone

If I decided to prime a fat tire clone in the bottle, how much plain malt extract would you use for each bottle? Planning on coming straight out of primary with bottling wand into 22oz bottles.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #2
reverendj1
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat a lifetime. Here is the easiest to use priming calculator I've found. http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/ For the temperature, you are actually supposed to put what the highest temperature your beer was at while fermenting, because that will affect how much residual CO2 is in the beer from fermentation.

I would strongly suggest using a bottling bucket and batch priming. Much more precise, and much less risk of bottle bombs and whatnot. At any rate, if you aren't using one, divide the estimated number of bottles by what it tells you, and then you should be good to go.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #3
sherma
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendj1 View Post
Give a man a fish, and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he will eat a lifetime. Here is the easiest to use priming calculator I've found. http://www.northernbrewer.com/priming-sugar-calculator/ For the temperature, you are actually supposed to put what the highest temperature your beer was at while fermenting, because that will affect how much residual CO2 is in the beer from fermentation.

I would strongly suggest using a bottling bucket and batch priming. Much more precise, and much less risk of bottle bombs and whatnot. At any rate, if you aren't using one, divide the estimated number of bottles by what it tells you, and then you should be good to go.
+1. Definitely rack into a bottling bucket/container of some sort. Save yourself a lot of time and inconsistent carbonation between bottles.
primary: CDA #2
primary: Evil Twin Red
primary: Mosaic Single Hop Pale
Bottled: Oddsides Citra Pale clone, India Cream Ale, CDA #1, Cascadian Dubbel
On deck: Surly Abrasive clone, Yooper's Pale Ale

Quick Reply