Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Bottle conditioning/storage temp.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 04:19 PM   #1
Kaz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Bottle conditioning/storage temp.

I just finished carbing a pumpkin ale after 2 weeks in the bottle. I have an Irish Ale carbing as we speak, a milk stout that is ready to bottle and a Witbier fermenting. Where does everyone store all their homebrews? I always see that people have 4-6 brews going at a time. Now, I have a beer fridge in our garage, a full size side by side with a freezer. It isn't great for holding full cases, but I can get a good bit in there. Is it okay to store cases of bottled home brew at room temperature. Say 70-80F, during the winter its not a big deal, because our garage will get pretty cold and our crawl space will go down to the mid 40's. But what about in the summer when ambient room temp is warmer? Or does everyone have huge fridges that they store everything in? TIA.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
devilishprune
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I just leave mine at room temperature. It's the best I can manage at this point.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
HeavyHandedBrewing
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I agree with devilishprune's post. I say I brew Lynbrook beer. I use Lynbrook water and my beer is affected by Lynbrook weather. I dont usually brew during Later July and August as the apartment get up to 90 during the day while we are at work. It may not be the best this to store beer at high temp or even room temp, but you got to work with what you got. I have an old cabin with doors on it (it keeps the light exposure down) in my closet which I use to store my beer before it enters the fridge. The closet stays a little cooler than the apartment. SWMBO and I have one fridge in the apartment, and lets just way that I dont get to use as much as I would like for beer and ingredient storage. But hey, its the compromises that enable me to brew without complaints. One day I will have my dedicated fridge.

Cheers,
Rob
Drinking - red ale, Honey Wheat, Chamomile Ale, Coriander Mead., Chocolate Porter & aging 6-pack of Smoked Porter
Kegged - Hefeweizen & 80 minute IPA

Old 11-18-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
NorthRiverS
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Kaz,

I put mine in an unused bathtub upstairs. That way if I get a bottle bomb, it will run down the drain.(Hasn't happened yet.) Keep at room temperature for two weeks and check the carb level. If all is good, then it goes out in the garage.

NRS

Quick Reply