New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > bottle conditioning

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
Born Brewing Co.
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default bottle conditioning

After the 2 week bottle conditioning should all the bottles go into the fridge? Or I assume when you find a point that they taste pretty good they should all go into the fridge at that point to halt any further conditioning. Am I correct in my thinking? I have an IPA that has been in a box in the basement that doesn't taste as good as it did three weeks ago. Should I have put all the bottles in the fridge 3 weeks ago when I thought the taste was perfect. They now have a slight rubbing alcohol aftertaste. Or is it alright to keep your beers in a case in the basement (cool & dark) until you get around to drinking them?

Primary :empty
Secondary : empty
KEG: empty

May your beer never be empty, and a roof always over your head, and when your day comes, may you get to heaven before the devil knows your dead.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2005, 12:21 AM   #2
brewhead
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

i'm sure there will be many schools of thought on this one - but for guys like me who have quite a stockpile of brew - it would be most difficult for me to refriderate all of it at once without some expenditures.

so i keep mine in a very dark and cool place untill i get ready to drink them.

Old 08-21-2005, 03:04 AM   #3
Born Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Brewhead, that's my situation as well. I have more beer than I have fridge space for. I tend to brew every other week or so, and can't drink it as fast as I brew it.

Primary :empty
Secondary : empty
KEG: empty

May your beer never be empty, and a roof always over your head, and when your day comes, may you get to heaven before the devil knows your dead.

Old 08-21-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
timdsmith72
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Wow. I wihs problem i had that. i tend ot drink it twic as fats as i can brew it.

Quick Reply