Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Botteling Wand

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 03:33 AM   #1
twstdproceo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Botteling Wand

Ok so Im not quite sure how my botteling wand works. My kit says that it is a springless wand but doesnt include any instruction on how to hook it up. It says it works with my racking tube, syphone hose, tapper and the botteling wand but im not sure how that all is suppose to work because the racking tube was used for syphoning and the tap is on the bottom of my barrel. Anyone any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2007, 03:41 AM   #2
Kayos
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Use the tubing from your auto-siphon (or racking cane). Connect one end to your bottling wand, the other to your tap. Open the tap and the beer will press against the end of the wand causing it to close. When you push it into the bottom of the bottle, it will blow beer because of the pointy design of the end. When it is to the top, lift the wand and the flow will stop due to the pressure again on the tip of the wand.....ready for next bottle.....clear as mud?

Old 08-16-2007, 01:04 PM   #3
malkore

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

and the wand displaces a little beer, so when you fill to the rim of the bottle, removing the wand leaves you the proper headspace for bottle conditioning/carbonation.

and the beer won't flow from the tap at first unless you have the wand's plunger depressed.

I also wouldn't open the tap all the way. a little more than half gives a quick but easy to control bottle fill. too fast and you'll overflow several, wasting beer.
precious beer....

Bottled: MOAM, Braggot, Raspberry Melomel, Merlot, Apfelwein, Pyment, Sweet mead, Cabernet
Gal in 2009: 27, Gal in 2010: 34, Gal in 2011: 13, Gal in 2012: 10

Quick Reply