Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Botteling help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2005, 06:06 PM   #1
fishfool
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Botteling help

Let me start out by saying that I am very new to homebrewing, so much so that I am using a Mr. Beer "dump in and mix" kit, I do have a "real" ale pale on the way though. Anywho I have my first batch in the fermenter and it will need to be bottled soon, I have 8 plastic screw top bottles with lids. Whats with adding the sugar, I mean what does it do and how much do I add? Also how long do I let the bottles sit before I throw the in the fridge and then drink them? I also have a really good home brew book (the name escapes me but it is what everyone told me to get.) Thanks for all the help
Fishfool

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2005, 06:24 PM   #2
Driftwood
Recipes 

go to http://www.howtobrew.com/intro.html , you'll find all the info there... good luck and welcome...

Up next - Hoegarden clone, then maybe a Corona clone
Primary - Nothing
Secondary - Nothing
Secondary - Nothing, man I should really brew something...
Bottles - Just yeast, drank all the beer :(
Keg 1 - Sleeman Steam Beer clone
Keg 2 - India Pale Ale

2 Keg system is now operational!! :D Draft beer on tap at Chez Driftwood!! (Just in time for hockey :D)

Old 08-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
loopmd

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

You add the sugar so that you will have carbonated beer. It's called "bottle conditioning." After you add the beer to the bottles, let it set for 1-2 weeks in a cool, dark environment. After that you should be good to chill and enjoy.

Quick Reply