Blue 20 oz. flip top bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thor

Reaction score
Hi, all,

A recent Good Eats episode on brewing, discussed elsewhere in this forum, showed the use of 20 ounce cobalt blue flip-top bottles. I found a few places with 16 oz. flip tops, but not 20.

I'd love to get my hand on some 20-24 oz. blue flip tops - love the color. Do they exist, or is it like Loch Ness and Sasquatch? :confused:

If you know, please share ideas where one can find them: blue, 20-24 oz, flip top.

Thanks, all!

A friend of mine recently brought my buddy and I some bottles she had saved after she emptied them and one was a cobalt blue fliptop (my buddy got it...I got some 1L's). I'll ask her where she found it.

I've never seen empty cobalt bottles for sale in any thing other than 0.5L or 1.0L sizes. You might find some import or micro in 20oz sizes with blue bottles, but that might be an expensive (albeit enjoyable) way to gather bottles.

-walker

my LHBS has cobalt blue flippers, but like walker stated, they are only in the .5 and 1 liter sizes.

All the Home brew supply stores that I've found (web and local) no longer have the colbalt Blue swing tops available.

I wish I could get my hands on a few cases.

off the subject of blue, i have like 5 2 liter swing top bottles!!! they had german beer in there, not for long though!!! hehe

Back