New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Birthday comming up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
gclay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Birthday comming up

My wife asked what I wanted for my b-day and i said this
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Homebrew-Kegging-Kit-Cornelius-Keg-20oz-Tank-HK711-/140373806898?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20aeee 4f32

Is it a decent starter, she told me it has to be under $200. I'll be making a jockey box cause I can't pay $400 on ebay for one.

I will eventually go with a kegerator, but not quite yet. I'll also get some spare kegs for multi batching.

Gerald

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
Ultima
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Not a bad setup for starting out, my advice would be to see if you can get a 5lb CO2 tank, it will be a lot more appropriate if you're planning on upgrading to more kegs. Also, if the keg isn't chilled, which is what I gathered from what you said, it's going to be a lot harder to carbonate the beer so again the larger tank could be useful. You are also going to need a longer serving hose if you're going the jockey box route, but if you're building your own box I'm sure you can manage the tubing.

I got my setup from that same supplier and was very happy, but I may also suggest looking into more local alternatives, that would allow you to get more product within your budget because you won't have to pay shipping costs!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply