Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Best commercial beer bottles for homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2011, 06:42 PM   #51
Rolly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Samuel Smith. These bottles are workhorses. They are very thick and have a unique look if you create your own labels and slap them on. The glass is also relatively dark compared to most brands out there. They cap very nicely with one of the red emily cappers. In my experience Anchor bottles look cool, but do not cap very well unless you have a bench capper.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #52
TFL283
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am new to homebrewing.. to the point i have yet to even bottle my first batch... its that time of year and my hard cider is just about finished. but i have been stock piling SAM ADAMS bottles. and my method thus far is let soak 30 min. remove label with a potatoe peeler that i use for only this. peeler takes 98% of all label and adhesive with it. kitchen scrubby pad takes the last 2% . i fit 3 cases in my dishwasher with soap as pre wash and 1/4 star san as primary wash. bottles came out looking brand new with no visual defects. i test bottled a six pack with soda to see how they held up and no problems. ill continue to use sam adams bottles till i run into any issue with them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply