Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Beer AND Soda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2009, 03:39 AM   #11
Trenchant
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RScottyL View Post
You would want to look for the kegs of soft drinks, that has the syrup and water mixed up already, and you just add the CO2.

This is what is called a "PRE-MIX"

You will usually see these at fairs, carnivals etc. They are the ones that use the same "kegs" that we use for beer!

He's right. You can still get the corny kegs with soda in them. So that way all you need is the equipment to hook up another tap(including another regulator). Bag in a box systems are expensive and we're finding we have to keep adjusting ours at our store. The flavour boxes don't seem very consistent.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 04:43 AM   #12
dantodd

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

I do this all the time. Buy the bag in box (BIB) where ever you find them. They aren't supposed to sell to you unless you have a coke contract but most stores don't care. You'll have to "fix" the BIB valve to flow free. Then you measure out the correct amount of syrup for a 5 gallon batch and mix it in with water to fill your corney. I put it on 35-40 PSI and use a picnic faucet. About 15' of tubing keeps me balanced at 40 degrees. I don't recall the exact amount of syrup I now have a gallon jug marked with the amounts to put in. I think you want about a 5:1 ratio, but since it's your diet coke you can mix it however you like.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:09 PM   #13
RScottyL
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
I do this all the time. Buy the bag in box (BIB) where ever you find them. They aren't supposed to sell to you unless you have a coke contract but most stores don't care. You'll have to "fix" the BIB valve to flow free. Then you measure out the correct amount of syrup for a 5 gallon batch and mix it in with water to fill your corney. I put it on 35-40 PSI and use a picnic faucet. About 15' of tubing keeps me balanced at 40 degrees. I don't recall the exact amount of syrup I now have a gallon jug marked with the amounts to put in. I think you want about a 5:1 ratio, but since it's your diet coke you can mix it however you like.
True!

If you can get some BIB syrup, you can mix it yourself if you have some cornies!

I think Sam's and Costco sell BIB's, but you might pay a little more!

Another idea is to become good friends with a local restuarant and see if they can order some extra BIB's that you can purchase off of them!

Old 08-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #14
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3002 Times on 2955 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Or if you have the money you could get a full setup and wundergun. I would love one of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Quick Reply