Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Beer Flood

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 03:27 AM   #1
ryan0914
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Beer Flood

Wow I just finished cleaning up a beer flood. I opened up my keezer to adjust my pressure on one of my kegs when I noticed a couple of inches of brown liquid on the bottom. It turns out that I have a leaking liquid disconnect. It leaked a whole 5 gal keg of freshly tapped scotch ale. I sure am glad the girlfriend is out of town, not only was it her favorite but it sure made a mess. I looked it over before I disconnected it and it seems to be leaking from the actual disconnect part and not the keg post itself.
Wow what a night.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
kpr121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 61 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Sorry for your loss, but at least it was contained in the bottom of the keezer (I hope). I had a liquid line that was leaking that spilled about a gallon of lager on my composite flooring in the bar. Luckily I noticed it within an hour or so and was able to clean most of it up. I turned a fan on and placed a few damp-rids around the area and it looks like there wasnt much damage.

Sometimes I feel like kegging is easier than bottling but harder at the same time. A lot more moving parts/connections that need to be worried about.

Bottled:
Bulk Aging:
Up Next: ???? Suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply