Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Ball Lock & Pin Lock

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #1
yipp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ball Lock & Pin Lock

For the past few months I have been using 2 ball lock corny kegs with picnic taps setup in my fridge and it's worked out well. I am going to be upgrading and building a keezer with 3 faucets. Ball lock kegs have been hard to come by in my area but was just recently able to get 2 pin lock kegs.

Im wondering if its going to be a hassle with the lines/disconnects having 2 ball lock and 2 pin lock kegs? Im trying to figure out if it would be easier to convert my pin lock to ball lock. That way my setup would all have the same type of disconnect.

I want to be able to use all the faucets and have the 4th keg as a backup and Im trying to get this figured out before I purchase all my hardware.

Any suggestions or advise would be appreciated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
DanH
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 6

You could easily set up your system with two ball lock gas disconnects and two pin lock gas disconnects.

For the faucets, you could get a liquid disconnect for each keg and make sure they have a swivel nut so that you can interchange them relatively easily.

Since that would be a PITA, I would just set it up for four faucets. Converting a two or three keg kit into a four kegger is very easy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #3
BMGfan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Unless you have mfl gas and beer qd's with associated hoses then I'd just convert all to ball lock or pin lock. $10 a keg and you're done forever..

Quick Reply