New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Ball lock keg ID and o-ring Qs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
MikeInCtown
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Ball lock keg ID and o-ring Qs

OK, made a reply in another post, but not sure how many will see that.

I picked up a dozen used ball lock kegs from a local place that went to bag in a box.

Some have the actual Corny name on them while some say Challenger VI. The ones I could not figure out had a somewhat oval lid, but with flat parallel sides. Those only bear the name "Firestone Steel Products" and nothing else.

Also, most of these all appear to have the same connectors on them along with the tags from Pepsi on the "in" side. Should I assume that it's possible that the bottler put the wrong fittings on some of these over time? Most still had some pressure in them (as well as really old soda) when I pulled the pressure release, so I know they are still good.

Last question: Do all the o-rings that fit the Corny brand kegs also fit the firestone brand ones, including the large lid ones? I am about to order o-rings but want to make sure.

Mike

Bottled - Continental Pilsner, Island Mist Mango Citrus, Island Mist Wildberry Shiraz
Up next - AH Foster's clone, Labatt's clone, Hard Apple Cider,
The Independence Street Brew House

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply