Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Ball lock disconnect - problem?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
stratslinger
Brewing Thespian
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 136 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Default Ball lock disconnect - problem?

So I recently acquired a few used cornies and a bunch of gas and liquid disconnects for them. After a bunch of time cleaning (the disconnects took 2 separate OxyClean free soaks and a PBW soak, just for good measure), everything is looking in good working order. I've pressure tested the kegs, and they're all waiting patiently with a small amount of star san solution in them.

But, after cleaning them all off, I checked out my disconnects, and found that the liquid disconnects vary a bit. Here's a picture that best explains what I'm about to ask:

So, the one on the right has some sort of black plastic cap on its tip (these are both MFL connectors, by the way) that, possibly among other things, makes the opening smaller. Is this going to cause a problem, if that hole is that much smaller than the beer line (I've got a bunch of 3/16" beer line stranded somewhere out in the blizzard at the moment )? Should I drill out the hold a bit, just leave it as is, or toss these free disconnects and pick up a couple new ones intended for beer distribution?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2011, 02:42 AM   #2
woodstone
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Use them as is, they are fine, no matter the size tubing.

The one on the right has an integral washer. With the other, you should use a nylon washer in the barbed fitting.

Wait, they are actually no good...I'll send you a PM with my shipping address...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply