Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Balanced System, Check my math

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
GeoXP
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Balanced System, Check my math

So I just finished up my new Keezer on Monday. I'm carbing a couple kegs now. I did some research and it seems that my system will be balanced at 15psi

I have 5 feet of 3/16" beer line from the keg and I have almost exactly a 3' rise from the center of the kegs to the faucets.

Assuming the standard flow resistance of 2.7psi per foot of beer line, and I'm told you need to add 0.5 psi for every foot of vertical rise from the center of the keg to the faucet, my pressure should equal

(5 X 2.7) + (3 X 0.5) or 13.5 + 1.5 = 15

Sound right so far?

Also, I don't want my beer to be too over-carbed, so I'm setting my ales at about 45 degrees in the keezer. At 15PSI for that temp I should be able to get about 2.51 volumes of CO2 for my carbonation.

For most beers would that be an acceptable amount? I currently have two Pale Ale variations in there right now.

Thanks to all!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2008, 11:01 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1056 Times on 704 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I always recommend starting with a few extra feet. You can always cut a foot off but adding a foot requires a whole new line. Good luck with the system.

Chugger Pumps, Pump Kits, Camlocks, Sightglasses, Clear USA made Silicone Tubing, RIMS, Electric Install Parts, etc. Did you know we are also now a full service homebrew shop selling malt, hops, yeast (Wyeast), etc?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply