Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Backwashed Beer into Kegerator Lines

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Gilbey
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Backwashed Beer into Kegerator Lines

I'm running big 3 tower BevAir kegerater that I bought on the cheap and refurbished. I have a 20# CO2 tank attached to it with a dual gauge regulator with just one check valve just ahead of the regulator. In a brain fart moment while shuffling some kegs around I ended up backwashing a fairly good amount of hard lemonade back into my CO2 lines. The lemonade made it pretty well through the entire CO2 system, but not quite to the check valve.

I can replace all the air lins, that is not a big deal, and I plan to do that. But inside my kegerator there are two small, two gang metal manifolds with gas shutoff valves. I am SURE some of the lemonade went thru the manifolds.

What should I do???? How can I clean them? I have to, right???

Thanks

Alan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
audger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 1

definately flush them with some type of sanitizer and then blow out as much of the liquid as you can. as long as it didnt get into the regulator- no big deal. no need to replace the lines.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply