The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Backflushing a cartridge filter?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
fartingdog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Backflushing a cartridge filter?

Forgive me if this subject has been covered in the past ad nauseum, but a search and combing thru posts for an hour didn't seem to turn up too much.

I recently picked up a cartridge filter from B3, and wanted to see if anyone has some tips and tricks for doing a backflush- it seems pretty straightforward, but I wanted to hear from the people who've done it as to what the best way you've found to do it.

And another question, once you've cleaned the filter, how do you store it? Dried, or in a star-san solution?

FWIW, the filter I have on hand is 5u pleated (and expensive), but I'm thinking of getting spun poly (cheaper).

Thanks in advance!

Being drunk is the best feeling in my poor world. - Drinky Crow

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
david_42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

I just spray it off from the outside, let it dry and store dry.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply