Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Attention all Canadians!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 22 Posts

Default Attention all Canadians!

I ordered some o-rings for my kegs the other day and this is the message I got after the order went through:

Dan,

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, due to the ever increasing complexity of United States export regulations, McMaster-Carr can only process orders from a few long-established customers in Canada. We sincerely regret any inconvenience this causes you.
Please be assured that your credit card has not been charged.

Kelli
McMaster-Carr Supply Company
330-342-6126

Isn't that special? Alternative Beverage sent both myself and Fly Guy a full kegging system complete with CO2 cannister but an organization like McMaster-Carr can't handle o-rings. I order things from the US all the time and while the customer service at Alternative Beverage had to overcome border resistance, the same can't be said about any of my other orders. I guess it's probably for the best anyway. I don't think I would want to do business with a company that's so complacent about their customer base anyway.

So, does anyone know of any GOOD companies that can fulfill an o-ring order? Yeesh!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #2
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

i don't keg but have you checked
www.paddockwood.com

simplified signature:
beer, wine, cheese in various stages of production

Old 03-22-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

And then there's this:

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2004/..._bc041029.html

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 03-22-2007, 12:03 AM   #4
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I'll keep an eye on that site for homebrew supplies, Rod, but they're not that good for o-rings. They don't sell the big ones for the lid. Those are the harder ones to get. The smaller ones can be had at any automotive supply shop.

Thanks for the tip!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:14 AM   #5
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Kinda getting stupid, isn't it OlllllO? The terrorists were nothing more than a catalyst for the butterfly effect. Canadians now need a passport to fly into the US and next year we'll need a passport even at land crossings. You'll need one to get back into your country if you visit us too. I guess if I don't go this year, I'll likely never visit your wonderful country again.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
rod
beer -just brew it
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

try this one - they list lid o-rings
http://ca.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geumG...ca/dept_3.html

simplified signature:
beer, wine, cheese in various stages of production

Old 03-22-2007, 12:20 AM   #7
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 126 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers
Kinda getting stupid, isn't it OlllllO? The terrorists were nothing more than a catalyst for the butterfly effect. Canadians now need a passport to fly into the US and next year we'll need a passport even at land crossings. You'll need one to get back into your country if you visit us too. I guess if I don't go this year, I'll likely never visit your wonderful country again.
Sorry for the hi-jack (no pun), but yeah. It's a little nuts.

I got this from Boingboing:
FBI: terrorists might drive school-buses, but they probably won't

Bruce Schneier notes that the FBI has sent out an "informational bulletin" about the possibility that terrorists might try to become school bus drivers. The FBI notes that they have no reason to believe that this is actually happening, though -- it's just something someone there thought of.

On the subject of "scary-story-but-nothing-to-worry-about," here are a couple from me:
* Osama bin Laden might recruit suicide bombers who fill their colons with Semtex and undetectable shards of broken glass. These anus-bombers might blow up airplanes with their explosive assholes, killing everyone on board. We should all get a thorough, deep rectal exam prior to boarding, starting right now.
* Terrorists might use rigged laptop batteries to trigger massive inflight lithium explosions. All laptops should henceforth travel in unpadded, unlocked bags. No battery-powered devices of any kind (digital watches, hearing aids, iPods, phones) should ever be allowed on airplanes. People with pacemakers should walk. Or stay put.
* Terrorists might start animal shelters and use them to recruit stray animals that can be trained to serve as superbug vectors, tearing through our cities, spreading weaponized Ebola. No living creatures -- other than (some) humans should be allowed within the city limits of any settlement bigger than 400 people.
* Terrorists could infiltrate the world's car companies and manufacture large, fuel-inefficient vehicles like Hummers. Once America has gone all SUV, the resulting carbon emissions would contribute to polar melting and global warming, causing devastating hurricanes through the southwest, killing and displacing millions of Americans. Ban car companies now, or the terrorists have won. Link
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 03-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #8
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

You're chock full of good sites, Rod. I find their prices a bit steep though. There's a place in Winnipeg that advertises kegging supplies. I think I'll try them this weekend.

Good one, OllllO! Heh. Not too far fetched either. Used to be that Canada and the US were the best of friends. We didn't have to worry about illegal immigration from each other because we loved to visit, but went home when we were done our vacation. What's happening now is like asking your best buddy for ID when he comes over for a beer. Eventually you wouldn't have any friends anymore.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 AM   #9
Mikey
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Try these people too:

http://www.simgo.com/

Old 03-22-2007, 03:11 AM   #10
Fingers
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

They seemed to have everything EXCEPT o-rings on that site, Mikey. I couldn't find any at all!

I think we may be barking up the wrong tree here. All these sites are brewing sites so they are acting as the middleman and we would have to pay their markup. I think I'll look for a manufacturer of o-rings and such and see if I can buy a bunch there. There's always the option of buying a kit to make your own too.

Quick Reply