The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Attach Regulator Directly to Keg Inlet Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2010, 02:39 AM   #1
GateTwelve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Attach Regulator Directly to Keg Inlet Thread

I'm trying to make a very portable keg apparatus with as few hoses and lines as possible. My thoughts were to remove the keg's inlet post and poppet valve from the keg, and remove the barbed connection from the regulator, and get an adapter that would allow the keg's male thread to connect to the regulator's output. Obviously the regulator would have to have a checkvalve to prevent backflow. Is there any reason you can think that of that would suggest this wouldn't be a good idea?

The reason I started down this line of thinking is because I'm going to be using a 20oz paintball tank with a remote line - being able to do it this way means I would have zero tubes to be connecting and clamping myself (me and anything with the ability to leak don't really get along).

Thoughts, ideas? Anyone done something like this already? Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2010, 03:28 AM   #2
boogyman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

i suppose it would work, but it'd be a huge pita to have to screw a full keg onto a regulator.. i think you'd be better off just getting 6in of tube and using the standard connector.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply