Apfelwein leaking from disconnect

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OrlandoHomeBrewer

Reaction score
I wanted to taste/test my Apfelwein yesterday. Using the same bev out line I have used previously, I snapped it on the bev out and Apfelwein started seeping out of the black QD. I immediately pulled it and tested it on another keg and it operated fine (no leaks). Is it more than likely a stuck poppet on the bev out tube? I have read on here that I can use keg lube on the O ring on top of the bev out tube. Might that do the trick or is it going to be more involved? The Apfelwein is carbed up currently (if that matters).

It is coming out the top of the QD. I just took off the O ring, lubed it up, replaced it and it is still happening.

Is the QD barbed or MFL with barb? I had trouble with a new QD and it's little O ring. I'd disassemble it again and check for any misalignment/crud etc in the needle thing.
-Ben

Do you have any cornie post o-rings? I've used them after rinsing the qd o-ring down the drain.:eek:

They won't allow the lid to be flush with the qd(don't over tighten), but they seal very well.

I just replaced the O ring with a new one and it is working fine. The old one looked "fine" to the naked eye. It is funny that I lubed them both and can't tell the difference btw the two but with the new one there is no leak and fresh flowing Apfelwein!!

Back