Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Anyone know if the regulator that comes with the KRS 2100 has a check valve?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #1
grv
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Anyone know if the regulator that comes with the KRS 2100 has a check valve?

Hi all

Just getting into kegging, and I am going to be getting my hands on a KRS 2100 to cool and dispense. I've read about a few mods related to getting the temp lower, installing the ball lock fittings, etc, but I have not seen this one detail - does the regulator that ships with this unit have a check valve on the CO2 outlet?

I guess the regulator that ships now is different from the one that used to come with it (dual gauge instead of just one), and I think I am getting the 2 gauge model.

The reason I ask is that, from what I read, the quickest way to force carbonate is to roll the keg on it's side with about 10# of gas applied, but that this is not something you'd want to do without the aforementioned check valve. If I am misunderstanding something about that, or there is a better way, I am all ears.

Learned a lot just lurking about here - thanks all!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #2
grv
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Oops, never mind. Just saw the sticky on carbonation. Won't be rolling my kegs around unless in dire emergency!

Steve

On tap: Oatmeal Stout
On tap: Smithy Pale Ale
On tap: 'Mercan Ale
On tap: Vanilla Porter
On tap: Bass-o-matic
In primary: Leffe Blonde clone
In primary: DFH 60 minute IPA clone
On deck: Smithy Pale Ale (running out!)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply