Anyone heard of Brew Gas ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverSwillBeer

Reaction score
Last time I filled up my CO2 tank at Airco ... I asked about Nitrogen and he said that most people us "Brew Gas" which he said was a mixture of 75% Nitrogen and 25% CO2. Anyone have any experiance with " Brew Gas" ?

My intestine generate copious amounts of "Brew Gas" every time I drink bottle or keg conditioned beers.

As for the nitro mix. Some love it, some hate it.

I personally don't care either way. I "suppose" it "may" be appropriate for some style but then, historically, I don't recall any yeast being able to produce nitrogen nor have I heard of any cask ales that had nitrogen...........

My intestine generate copious amounts of "Brew Gas" every time I drink bottle or keg conditioned beers.

As for the nitro mix. Some love it, some hate it.

I personally don't care either way. I "suppose" it "may" be appropriate for some style but then, historically, I don't recall any yeast being able to produce nitrogen nor have I heard of any cask ales that had nitrogen...........

It's not historical. Guinness came up with it (IIRC) to simulate beer engine pours

Back