Anyone have Kegco K209B-2?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sch21c

Reaction score
Looking at getting a kegerator. Don't have the time or inclination to DIY. I'd like to get something that I can order to my configuration and have it arrive and just work. I'm looking at this model from BeverageFactory.com:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...ator/Kegco_K209B-2_dual_faucet_kegerator.html

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Any feedback on buying from BeverageFactory.com would also be appreciated.

Thanks.
:mug:

I do not have any experience with that exact model, however it looks nearly identical to my kegerator. Mine is a Danby and the CO2 is mounted outside on the back. Probably made in the same factory, so I would not be afraid to try it. I have had mine for about 4 years and no issues.

Thanks. Think I"m going to take the plunge and order this one.

Did you get yours from BeverageFactory.com?

Looking at getting a kegerator. Don't have the time or inclination to DIY. I'd like to get something that I can order to my configuration and have it arrive and just work. I'm looking at this model from BeverageFactory.com:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...ator/Kegco_K209B-2_dual_faucet_kegerator.html

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Any feedback on buying from BeverageFactory.com would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

I was in the market for a dual tap kegerator and was looking at this same model. Google searching reviews leads only to you now. Any comments that could help sway me in this purchase?

Appreciate it

I was in the market for a dual tap kegerator and was looking at this same model. Google searching reviews leads only to you now. Any comments that could help sway me in this purchase?

Appreciate it

I just purchased the Kegco K199B-2 dual tap kegerator and it really works well. I only have one keg on it right now (Big Eye IPA) set to 10 lbs and it pours great. I was worried that I would have to lengthen the serving lines but right now it seems to be working as advertised. I will be kegging and force carbing my first keg of homebrew in about 2 weeks but I have no reason to believe the results will be any different. BTW on the lowest setting I was getting the temp down to 34*.

Appreciate it

Had a pretty good experience with Beverage Factory. I placed the order over the phone and ordered two sets of ball lock quick disconnects, one sanke keg coupler, and quick disconnect fittings for the sanke coupler. Also ordered tap locks. The rep forgot to order two quick disconnect fittings for the sanke, so only got one. Not a big deal, as I was able to get the part needed at my next trip to my LHBS. The tap locks didn't fit on the Perlick taps that I upgraded to and had to send them back.

Other than that, shipping was very fast, and everything came as described. Unit was easy enough to assemble and is working fine. It can get very cold. I keep it set in the middle and the temp at the base of the unit is around 36 degrees, around 40 towards the top of the keg. I've got one homebrew keg hooked up presently (and patiently waiting for the second one to be ready to tap) and it flows well at 10-11 psi. The unit is fairly quiet; it's quieter than a wine refrigerator I had previously kept in that space.

The unit comes with casters. I put them on at first, but didn't like the way it sat with them on, so took them off. IIRC, you can't adjust the levelers with the casters on.

The Perlick taps are great. I recommend upgrading to them.

It's only been a few weeks, but overall I'm pleased with the unit.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...tor/Kegco_K309SS-2_dual_faucet_kegerator.html

I just purchased this model from bevfactory. Shipping was awesome. Setup was awesome. I am very pleased and happy with my new best buddy. My digital temp on the outside of the door is a few degrees off but no big deal

image-2692183281.jpg

image-3418956709.jpg

Bigskooter, looks great! I am currently liking the 199B-2 Kegco and it has free shipping but your 309 will fit a third corney. Not sure which way to go the 309 has $99 shipping currently. Hmmmm I will only have 2 tapped at a time but the 3rd keg could be useful

If anyone ever checks this, I have had one for a month or two now and its the real deal. Great Kegerator. I don't have the digital temp read out, just a dial in the back, but the instructions tell you what number corresponds to what temp within a degree or two.

I have the same as Bigskooter, but the 3 tap. It was the same price as the 2, so it was a no-brainer when I ordered (still appears to be going for $639, although I upgraded to full stainless for about $40 more). I've had it running for a couple weeks and I love it. Really like the digital temperature, much easier than screwing with a normal temp control knob like on my last kegerator.

Couple questions. Has anyone installed this in an outdoor kitchen? And looking at it on www.beveragefactory.com I see that the tower only has one tap handle and I don't see an option for adding more. Is it possible to add more, either ordering it that way or as a DIY? Thanks.

Anybody looking at the k199b, i would look into reviews outside of beverage factory's website. I owned this kegerator all of two weeks, and had to call them about an obnoxious popping noise when the compressor turns on. They told me it was normal and refused to replace it, until i went social media on them. Now they are replacing it with the 309b which i hope is better. Stay away from the K199b unless it is going in a basement or a garage, cause this thing is loud.

Thanks.

This looks exactly like the one I purchased about 1.5years ago. It's a great Kegerator and I had a pretty good experience with Beverage Factory. I am able to fit a 1/2 barrel or 1/4 slim with 2 corny kegs. I would also think about getting a fan that will blow the cold air up into the tower. It warms up quickly causing a bit of foam the first pour.

Good Luck!

I've had the 209b for about a year without any issues. I went with the stainless door version, upgraded to polished stainless tower/shank, and added Perlick 425ss faucets that I scrounged up.

Seems to keep consistent temp and is very quiet, I work from home and it is 3 feet from my desk. Also, I like that there is plenty of room in there for a third keg.

Although, now I want that digital thermostat on the 309ss2, I wish I had seen that when I bought the 209b!

I placed the order over the phone and ordered two sets of ball lock quick disconnects, one sanke keg coupler, and quick disconnect fittings for the sanke coupler.

It's only been a few weeks, but overall I'm pleased with the unit.
FWIW, I ordered the K309B-3 today. The site shows every one of their 3-tap kegerators on backorder until 6/1/2014. I spoke with one of their salesman, and it turns out they're out of the 3-tap towers, but have the T-towers available.

I think the T-style towers are pretty ugly, and they don't have an option for those with the perlick faucets, so I went ahead and ordered it with the chrome tower and perlicks, accepting that they're going to have to backorder it. The only things I have in the pipeline right now are a few sours that need another 12+ months, so I figure even if they were able to ship it sooner than that, I probably wouldn't have homebrew on tap until around then.

I'm hoping it will fit a commercial sixer along with two cornies. I live around the corner from Brewery Vivant, so I think I can have a good commercial belgian on tap along with my haus pale and whatever experimental I want to have on tap.

FWIW, I ordered the K309B-3 today. The site shows every one of their 3-tap kegerators on backorder until 6/1/2014. I spoke with one of their salesman, and it turns out they're out of the 3-tap towers, but have the T-towers available.

I think the T-style towers are pretty ugly, and they don't have an option for those with the perlick faucets, so I went ahead and ordered it with the chrome tower and perlicks, accepting that they're going to have to backorder it. The only things I have in the pipeline right now are a few sours that need another 12+ months, so I figure even if they were able to ship it sooner than that, I probably wouldn't have homebrew on tap until around then.

I'm hoping it will fit a commercial sixer along with two cornies. I live around the corner from Brewery Vivant, so I think I can have a good commercial belgian on tap along with my haus pale and whatever experimental I want to have on tap.

I had a 309 delivered a couple of weeks ago from Beverage Factory. I did the 2 tap brushed stainless tower since really, I'm not going to use a third. It does fit two cornies and a commercial sixth barrel, but only if you stack them in there right. I can take a picture if you're interested, but I'm sure you could figure it out. I've also got a 5lb CO2 tank with a triple reg on there stuffed in the fridge. So far I'm pretty happy with it. I did have a couple of issues with the order though.

First, there was a snapring on one of the shanks that wasn't seated properly. I didn't have a wrench that would get the shank out so that I could fix it, so they sent me a new tower. After getting that fixed, I found that the D coupler they sent leaks horribly through the post and won't dispense beer. Luckily I had a spare that works. Overall I'm happy with the product, but getting to this point has been a pain in the rear.

Glad to hear you're overall happy with it. Hopefully I don't have the issues you've had. Even though I know it's backordered, I'm still watching the order like a hawk. It's going to be a long 6+ weeks.

I got the 2 tap model last year. Not sure the number. One issue I have is it pop's every now and then. I posted a question here and asked others if they knew about it and got a few good replies. I spoke to Beverage Factory about it and they said it was a know thing. They gave some sort of technical reason. It is not a huge deal but something to be ready for. I do like mine. Some people put longer liquid lines in theirs than the 5 foot ish ones that come with them. I turn my pressure down a bit to compensate and so far is ok. I didn't want to take the tower apart. I am just starting to use it more and more and like having it. I like the compact size over building one out of a fridge or freezer. I wish you the best.

Have you tried the fix discussed in the last post in that thread? It sounds like differential thermal expansion, which would explain that noise.

I've heard no such pops on my 309.

Have you tried the fix discussed in the last post in that thread? It sounds like differential thermal expansion, which would explain that noise.

I've heard no such pops on my 309.

The sound is not as bad as it was. I can tolerate kind of a low level popping (it is not very frequent). The way it used to be was really like a small caliber gun. Because size was one of my decision factors - it fits perfect where I want it and am ok with it. I really don't want to go tearing into it for what it does now. If it gets real bad - I might have to check into it again. So I am a happy customer as it is.

I've been looking at the 309B-1 and I'm ready to pull the trigger. It looks like a great unit. There's so little information out there, in terms of reviews, in Googleville on it though. I'm a little gun shy.

Previous owners. I'm looking for a new kegerator (old 3 tap one just died) and have a couple of questions

1. Can you easily get 3 kegs in there?
2. my current setup uses an external c02 tank is it easy to run a line?
3. how quiet is it? This is in a theater room and my old kegerator was a little intrusive

Thanks
K

Previous owners. I'm looking for a new kegerator (old 3 tap one just died) and have a couple of questions

1. Can you easily get 3 kegs in there?
2. my current setup uses an external c02 tank is it easy to run a line?
3. how quiet is it? This is in a theater room and my old kegerator was a little intrusive

Thanks
K

1. It depends on the model. The site where I bought mine (2 tap) it will list the capabilities for example: "Interior fits one 1/2-Barrel or 1/4-Barrel, and up to three Home Brew Ball Lock Kegs". My model will only hold 2 and the small co2 tank, but that is all I wanted.

2. The one I have has a small hole in the back for 1 hose to go through. It comes with a rubber stopper installed if you use the co2 internal.

3. It is fairly quiet like a dorm fridge except for a cracking sound every now and then (on mine). When it is running it is a little quieter than my 7CU foot freezer / fermenter. Mine is in my home theatre room which saves time during movie night.

1. It depends on the model. The site where I bought mine (2 tap) it will list the capabilities for example: "Interior fits one 1/2-Barrel or 1/4-Barrel, and up to three Home Brew Ball Lock Kegs". My model will only hold 2 and the small co2 tank, but that is all I wanted.

2. The one I have has a small hole in the back for 1 hose to go through. It comes with a rubber stopper installed if you use the co2 internal.

3. It is fairly quiet like a dorm fridge except for a cracking sound every now and then (on mine). When it is running it is a little quieter than my 7CU foot freezer / fermenter. Mine is in my home theatre room which saves time during movie night.

Thanks. I've gotten used to three kegs. Has anyone been able to get three ball locks in there?

K

I've gotten used to three kegs. Has anyone been able to get three ball locks in there?
There are different models. BeverageFactory offers this picture:

KegTypeChart3.jpg

Apparently, despite the backorder, mine shipped this week. I'm planning on 2 ball-lock and a "5-Gallon D-System" (which is also known as a "Sixth Barrel" or "Sixer"). I'll let you know in 7-10 days if I can actually fit that.

For those who already own one, I do have a couple questions:
1) What temperature and serving pressure are you running?
2) Did you replace the 5ft of beverage tube with longer runs?
3) Any other advice for a new owner?

View attachment 195403

Apparently, despite the backorder, mine shipped this week. I'm planning on 2 ball-lock and a "5-Gallon D-System" (which is also known as a "Sixth Barrel" or "Sixer"). I'll let you know in 7-10 days if I can actually fit that.

Thanks. Let me know if everything fits and I'd love to know if it has the hole for the C02 line (this is really hard to find on most models).

K

View attachment 195403

I have recently received a 309 from beverage factory. I have yet to try to squeeze 3 kegs in there. I personally have been running at 35F and 10psi and getting crazy foam. I am in the process of replacing the beer lines with 12' and then trim as needed to try to resolve the foam. It is taking longer than it should to get them replaced because I am finding that worm clamps won't work due to the size of the nut on the shank. Unfortunately I haven't gotten mine dialed in so I can't really give good advice, but it seems like a nice unit and gets nice and cold.

Thanks. Let me know if everything fits and I'd love to know if it has the hole for the C02 line (this is really hard to find on most models).

K

I thought I answered this on the last page.

I have a 309, which I'm pretty sure is the same body as the 209 + a digital stat.

I can fit either:
1) 3 ball lock kegs or
2) 2 ball lock and 1 sankey sixth barrel

They fit well along with a 5lb CO2 cylinder and a triple body reg. Mine is a two tap version, but the only difference between that and the 3 tap is the tower.

I've had mine running at 10psig serving pressure with the standard 5ft lines at 38F with no foaming. It does come out quick, so you have to tip the glass to start, but rolling it up with the pour gives me a perfect inch of head.

I received my K309 with 3 (perlick) taps about a week ago. Assembly was quite simple and things seems to be of pretty good quality.

My only issues have been my own. The local welding supply company takes 24-48 hours to refill a tank, and I was paranoid about running out of Co2 before I had friends over earlier tonight, so I haven't left it on yet. I'm looking for an alternate source of a Co2 refill (I hear there are a few in Grand Rapids that will fill while you wait). I may have been reading too many threads from HBT so I'm probably too worried about leaks, even though I've checked everything as best I could.

I'm running one commercial 1/6th barrel sanke right now (Brewery Vivant Farmhand, which is excellent), and have put my cornie kegs in to make sure they fit. The space is tight, but not as cramped as I thought it would be. Remember that the cornies aren't actually round, so you may have to rotate them.

Somebody asked if there was a break-out to put the CO2 tank outside. It doesn't look like there is. There is a hold on the outside in the bottom middle, but in the inside that same area is covered by some metal plating.

I have not heard any of the popping others have referred to on the other models.

I figured I'd post an update on mine as well.

I tapped in a keg of Stone IPA on one of my taps last weekend, and I'm having some foaming issues. I upped the length of the beer line to 10 ft, and the issues remain. I have a remote thermometer in there that is reading ~42F at the top when the kegerator is set at 36F (I was on 38, but dropped it to try to combat the foaming). My serving pressure is just below 10psig with 3/16" lines, so I shouldn't be having these isues. I need to do some more troubleshooting though. I did install flowmeters in my lines for a kegbot, so that could be part of the issue.

As far as placing a CO2 tank on the outside, I had some emails going back and forth with Kegco, and they don't recommend drilling in the back or sides due to the significant number of refrigerant lines. They recommended drilling through the top (yeah right...). I had to run a network cable out of my unit for my kegbot install, and came out ok when drilling to the top right of the chill plate in the back (a few inches up and over). I started with a 1/16" bit from the inside and just got through the plastic. Then I poked around a bit to make sure that there was nothing behind that hole. I slowly enlarged the hole being VERY careful not to drill any further than the inside shell. Once you've got a 1/8" hole you can stick a coathanger or another type of stiff wire in there to feel around to see if there are refrigerant lines nearby. I was clear in that area; however, if you drill there just know that you're voiding warranty and I can't guarantee that you won't hit a line. For all I know I was 1/2" from ruining my kegerator.

I should make a thread about converting my kegerator into a kegbot. I'm sure someone here would find it interesting.

Back