Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Anyone have Kegco K209B-2?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 04:49 PM   #1
sch21c
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Anyone have Kegco K209B-2?

Looking at getting a kegerator. Don't have the time or inclination to DIY. I'd like to get something that I can order to my configuration and have it arrive and just work. I'm looking at this model from BeverageFactory.com:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draft...kegerator.html

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Any feedback on buying from BeverageFactory.com would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 08-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
LansingX
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I do not have any experience with that exact model, however it looks nearly identical to my kegerator. Mine is a Danby and the CO2 is mounted outside on the back. Probably made in the same factory, so I would not be afraid to try it. I have had mine for about 4 years and no issues.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #3
sch21c
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks. Think I"m going to take the plunge and order this one.

Did you get yours from BeverageFactory.com?

Old 09-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #4
firemarshalbill
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sch21c View Post
Looking at getting a kegerator. Don't have the time or inclination to DIY. I'd like to get something that I can order to my configuration and have it arrive and just work. I'm looking at this model from BeverageFactory.com:

Does anyone have any experience with this model? Any feedback on buying from BeverageFactory.com would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

I was in the market for a dual tap kegerator and was looking at this same model. Google searching reviews leads only to you now. Any comments that could help sway me in this purchase?

Appreciate it

Old 09-27-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
SocalNat
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemarshalbill View Post
I was in the market for a dual tap kegerator and was looking at this same model. Google searching reviews leads only to you now. Any comments that could help sway me in this purchase?

Appreciate it
I just purchased the Kegco K199B-2 dual tap kegerator and it really works well. I only have one keg on it right now (Big Eye IPA) set to 10 lbs and it pours great. I was worried that I would have to lengthen the serving lines but right now it seems to be working as advertised. I will be kegging and force carbing my first keg of homebrew in about 2 weeks but I have no reason to believe the results will be any different. BTW on the lowest setting I was getting the temp down to 34*.

Old 09-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #6
sch21c
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by firemarshalbill View Post

Appreciate it
Had a pretty good experience with Beverage Factory. I placed the order over the phone and ordered two sets of ball lock quick disconnects, one sanke keg coupler, and quick disconnect fittings for the sanke coupler. Also ordered tap locks. The rep forgot to order two quick disconnect fittings for the sanke, so only got one. Not a big deal, as I was able to get the part needed at my next trip to my LHBS. The tap locks didn't fit on the Perlick taps that I upgraded to and had to send them back.

Other than that, shipping was very fast, and everything came as described. Unit was easy enough to assemble and is working fine. It can get very cold. I keep it set in the middle and the temp at the base of the unit is around 36 degrees, around 40 towards the top of the keg. I've got one homebrew keg hooked up presently (and patiently waiting for the second one to be ready to tap) and it flows well at 10-11 psi. The unit is fairly quiet; it's quieter than a wine refrigerator I had previously kept in that space.

The unit comes with casters. I put them on at first, but didn't like the way it sat with them on, so took them off. IIRC, you can't adjust the levelers with the casters on.

The Perlick taps are great. I recommend upgrading to them.

It's only been a few weeks, but overall I'm pleased with the unit.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #7
kuredood
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Could you use the Kegco like these outdoors? On a covered screened in porch?

Old 08-08-2013, 05:07 AM   #8
bigskooter
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just purchased this model from bevfactory. Shipping was awesome. Setup was awesome. I am very pleased and happy with my new best buddy. My digital temp on the outside of the door is a few degrees off but no big deal
image-2692183281.jpg   image-3418956709.jpg  
Old 08-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
kuredood
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Bigskooter, looks great! I am currently liking the 199B-2 Kegco and it has free shipping but your 309 will fit a third corney. Not sure which way to go the 309 has $99 shipping currently. Hmmmm I will only have 2 tapped at a time but the 3rd keg could be useful

Old 10-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
RmikeVT
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 6

If anyone ever checks this, I have had one for a month or two now and its the real deal. Great Kegerator. I don't have the digital temp read out, just a dial in the back, but the instructions tell you what number corresponds to what temp within a degree or two.

Quick Reply