Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Any recommendations for faucet type/model to use for kegging seltzer water or soda

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2011, 10:59 PM   #1
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Any recommendations for faucet type/model to use for kegging seltzer water or soda

SWMBO wants me to start kegging seltzer water and possibly soda and I would like to know if there is a special style of tap faucet used in a keezer that will give good results. I was thinking of trying Perlick 575ss used more for creamier stouts and porters but since I have never used a Perlick faucet I thought I better ask first before buying.

Also, I will be ordering these faucets online since there is no LBS in my area and I would like to hear any recommendations people might have for online vendors that carry these faucets.

Cheers...

Mick Arnett
North Liberty, Iowa
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
Gimlet
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by msa8967 View Post
SWMBO wants me to start kegging seltzer water and possibly soda and I would like to know if there is a special style of tap faucet used in a keezer that will give good results. I was thinking of trying Perlick 575ss used more for creamier stouts and porters but since I have never used a Perlick faucet I thought I better ask first before buying.

Also, I will be ordering these faucets online since there is no LBS in my area and I would like to hear any recommendations people might have for online vendors that carry these faucets.

Cheers...
The 575's are creamer faucets that whip air into the beer when the faucet handle is pushed back to get a creamier head. I don't think you'd want that for seltzer. Maybe for soda, though. I would think standard 525's would work just fine for both applications.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:07 PM   #3
JRems
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 9

If it's just going to be seltzer a standard faucet is fine, but with sticky soda I would use a 525 perlick so it doesn't get stuck. Also the shank and faucet should both be stainless with soda.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:11 PM   #4
msa8967
mickaweapon

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Thanks for letting me know. I will be getting a Perlick 525ss and ss shank for the soda.

Mick Arnett
North Liberty, Iowa
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."

Old 07-12-2011, 04:21 AM   #5
bowiefan
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I use a standard faucet for both seltzer water and pre-mixed Bacardi and Coke. For the seltzer, the faucet makes no difference. For the mixed drink, I pulll at least one a night so have had no issues other than the acid Coke slowly removing the chrome from the inside of the faucet. :P

Fat Toad Brewery

Quick Reply