another leak. where can i get this part. its an antique.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonp9576

Reaction score
a few days ago i discovered a leak in my new tower. it was right where the beer line meets the back of the shank. i didnt discover it till there was 5 gallons of apfelwein in the bottom of my keezer.

i took my tower apart, found that this part was cracked

there is a crack going from the last barb all the way to the nut
homebrew004.jpg

it comes apart in two pieces
homebrew009.jpg

any way, i found two out of the six in the tower were leaking.
this is a picture of the shank when i pulled it out of the tower, its not a normal size. its much smaller.
P1010033.jpg

normal faucets fit on them.

so my question is, can i fix these pieces. the guy at my lhbs said i would not be able to find new ones. he said its an antique.

thoughts?

someone at my work mentioned silver solder to fill the cracks. i think thats only a temporary fix, i am looking for a replacement.

i have more pictures of the tower and parts if needed.

That's a tough one. It looks like a standard beer nut size, except the that the through-hole seems much smaller. I bet you tried to use a beer nut from a sankey tap right? anyway, I would bet those are going to have to be custom made. I bet it won't be that expensive tho, as probably a CNC of some kind can spit them out. try Fastener Manufacturer - Stock and custom Bolts Nuts and washers of all types, call or email them and see if you can send them the part, I'd bet they can make it or get it quickly. 1-800-991-1280

I'm sure if you go to a plumbing supply store that you can find something to rig together that will work out for you in the end.

is copper a no no with beer? i think i heard that somewhere. if its ok, i can make something here myself. but i am assuming i need to use brass

You can use copper. As long as its in small portions...which it would be, your fine. You have to think, most IC are made out of copper.

oh yea, i didnt eve put that together. i'll look for brass first, and if i dont find any i'll use copper

Back