Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Aluminum Bottles?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #91
lacykay
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacykay View Post
Aluminum beer bottle - buy Aluminum beer bottle, manufacturers, exporters, suppliers

they are perfect for drinkin a nice quaffable homebrew while tubing down the lupe since you cant use glass bottles!!

oh yeah and best of all they dont say budlight on the side

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #92
jonp9576
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

so you have to order 5000?

On Tap:warrior apa
On Tap: crystal light
On Tap:BM's centenial blonde
"Just remember that the real enemy here are those wine drinking pussies."-BierMuncher

Old 10-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #93
Zul'jin
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Glad this came up again. Had forgot about it.

The beer carbed and tasted fine. Still have 1 in the closet. brb...

pssscchhhh... glug glug glug... ahhhh. Yep. That's beer.

Drunking: All kinds of stuff.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:49 PM   #94
nathan
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I was all excited for these to use in competition. I haven't found a competition yet that will accept them, though. If they don't say specifically "brown glass" then they are saying "12 oz", both of which knock these out.
I thought their best use would be to have a lighter, safer package for shipping beer.

Old 10-07-2009, 01:00 PM   #95
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2726 Times on 1634 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan View Post
I was all excited for these to use in competition. I haven't found a competition yet that will accept them, though. If they don't say specifically "brown glass" then they are saying "12 oz", both of which knock these out.
I thought their best use would be to have a lighter, safer package for shipping beer.
the reason that they have rules to bottles in competition is so that no beer stands out in the blind tasting. Usually they allow for many different sizes of brown bottles in bjcp competition, I've entered pints, 22 ounces and 12 ouncers in contests.

One thing to consider doing, which I do, is that whenever you bottle a batch of beer, no matter what type of bottle you use, ALWAYS bottle at least 1 (if not two) six packs of standard 12 ounce brown bottles, with no markings on the shoulders (don't use sam adams or bud american ale bottles which have glass etchings on them) that way you always have a few bottles for entering contests.

I usually only enter 2 contests a year, so I always reserve 1 sixer of every beer I brew throughout the year for entries.

Then when it comes to late summer I put 1 bottle of each sixer in the fridge for a week, then I taste it and see if I feel it's contest worthy. If that's the case then I enter 2 bottles of each of them in the two contests I do.

THEN usually on the weekend that I know they are judging the first contest I enter, I put the last bottle of sixer in the fridge, just to make sure there's no late onset bottle gushing infection or something, and to get a feel for the beer at the point I know they are judging it.

Obviously I don't enter every beer I make in that year in contests, only the ones I think are stellar....and some of them have the luxury of haiving bottle conditioned for maybe a year, so some of those are really awesome. This year I entered 4 beers in one contest and 5 in another, and got honorable mentions for two of them.

The other beers I didn't enter, I stored a couple of each sixer and then drank the rest.

But that way whether or not you use aluminum or bombers or grolsh bottles, if you have at least one 6-er of regular beer bottles for each batch you can enter a couple contest.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #96
mordantly
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

so any updates? i haven't seen any product in my area in these bottles to buy and save.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:06 AM   #97
TheCHICompany
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

We are working on heavy duty STAINLESS STEEL BOTTLES in 12 & 20oz sizes.

Old 09-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #98
BigRigg120
Recipes 

Any updates? Just ran across this and was wondering about the plain bottles.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:58 AM   #99
camatt2989
Recipes 

Has anyone read up on the re usability on these. Ever since everyone went BPA,and chemical leaching crazy im never sure what materials are 100% safe from leaching. i know the bottles are lined, but i cant imagine the liners in the bottles were designed to be reused. but if there anything like the lined swis bottles they would be great! defiantly an important thing to look into tho.

“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Old 01-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #100
chaos2984
Recipes 

i know its been awhile to this post. but any home brew stores selling these bottles yet ??

Quick Reply