Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > After Bottling My Beer tastes sweet (yuck)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 PM   #21
badbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
The cooper's carb drops are sucrose (table sugar). The Munton's carb drops are dextrose & DME. I got that from there brew tech on the cooper's forums.
And as for bottleing beers,I find I have to let average gravity ales condition (not just carb) for 4-5 weeks before they're aged properly,which takes a bit longer than carbonating from my observations. And I've used the cooper's carb drops before. Besides dextrose,sucrose,demerara sugar. Bulk priming is all too easy,& I prefer that so I can prime to style with more accuracy. But that's me. Do what suits you.
I know my bags say corn sugar or glucose on the label. Maybe there is sucrose in there too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2014, 04:25 AM   #22
GNBRennes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I know this is a old thread but I have this happen with my Kolsch I just brewed. Weird thing is that I fermented a 10 gallon batch in my conical together. Then kegged 5g and bottled 5g. The bottles have this sweet homebrewy taste to them when the keg tasted oh so delish. I let the bottles carb for about a month so I dont think it was to short? Cant figure out why? Im thinking about just buying a counter pressure bottle filler and just scraping the corn sugar all together.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply