Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Afraid to drill

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 04:54 AM   #1
dockmasterjc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Afraid to drill

I got all my parts in to make my tower kegerator. I have a Haier model bc 110 withthe freezer on top. I bent the freezer section down very carefully, now I have to drill or cut the top for my tower. I have to try the cornstarch and vodka trick, but if it doesn't work, anyone have any suggestions? I would hate it if I hit a line when drilling or attaching the tower with self tapping screws. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 05:04 AM   #2
Trenchant
Recipes 

Some fridges don't even have a line running along the very top of them. Just do the cornstarch and vodca trick. Stay a good distance away from the line and relax! What I was actually planning to do was use the hole saw to drill the hole through the top layer, then stop and pull off the top layer and poke the insulation to check for any coolant lines.

As far as the screws for the tower go you should be able to position the screws at somewhere around 2,4,8, and 10 oclock. That way you won't have a screw as close as possible to the back of the fridge. Either way you should have lots of room to work with.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:52 PM   #3
yermej
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

When I did mine I found it was quicker and easier to just feel the top of the fridge. Less than a minute after plugging it in, the line was pretty warm and easy to feel through the metal top.

Quick Reply