Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Advice for keg noob

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
gwaugh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Advice for keg noob

Hey everyone, I'm getting ready to start kegging. I'm a little confused on the size of the gas line. I see some sites selling 1/4" gas line and others 5/16". I realize that its not a huge difference but does it matter? Thanks for any advice

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #2
USAFSooner
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts

Shouldn't matter, just get what fits. If I'm remember physics correctly the slightly larger line means it will put more gas into the keg faster but the extra 1/16" diameter shouldn't amount to a fraction of a percent. The regulator is going to release gas into the keg until it hits the set PSI anyhow.

As an aside, I got my keg setup from BeverageFactory.com and they were good to go. If I had to do it over again I would spent the extra $30 or so and upgraded the faucet to a Perlick from the get-go. The el cheapo faucet that came with it had a tendency to foam up the beer. The Perlick works a lot better.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
gwaugh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the info and the link. I wasn't aware of that site. For right now in gonna use a picnic tap until I design/build my keezer. I have a pretty good idea what I want, just need to get the official OK from the Minister of Finance

Quick Reply