Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Adding a second gas line to a Edgestar KC2000TWIN

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
Jumboag
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Adding a second gas line to a Edgestar KC2000TWIN

I've got a dual tap edgestar kegerator and because of the beers I'll have on tap this fall, have a need to have one tap CO2 fed and the other Beergas fed. There's only a hole for a single gas line through the back of the unit.

Wondering if anybody's safely drilled a second hole in this unit? If so, where'd you drill. I'm thinking maybe just above where the existing hole is, but want to make sure there's nothing freon or electrical related that I'll shred if I drill there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
KegconnectionLLC
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I believe I have one of these at my office. If not I can find out from the manufacture. Call me tomorrow and I will get an answer for you. Our number is 325-748-5800. You can also email me at tburns@kegconnection.com I am fairly sure you could drill a hole next to the existing hole or enlarge that hole, but I want to make sure before you take a drill to your fridge.
Todd

Old 09-19-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
asten77
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

So, realizing it's been a long while since this post, I'm wondering if you had any feedback on doing this. I am looking at the same thing. I thought about doing a second hole near the first, but I'd have to remove the metal shield on the back and haven't tried yet.

Thanks!

Old 09-22-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
CaptainBrew
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I have this kegerator as well and am curious about where it would be safe to drill for future reference. I was just barely able to feed a power line for a fan to cool the tower through the opening for the gas line. If I ever want to run anything else in, I'll need to drill somewhere.

I suspect it would be safe to drill next to the existing hole since the unit uses the plate in the rear interior for cooling and the line from the compressor doesn't appear to go near the existing hole. Probably just some insulation to drill through.

Quick Reply