Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > 59L bar Keg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2008, 12:54 AM   #31
Dpostman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

2 Places here in Moncton to get CO2 Refills. Brunswick Fyr & Safety in the Industrial Park and Liquid Air off of Vaughn Harvey. I had my 5lb filled 2 weeks ago at Brunswick Fyr & Safety and they filled my tank while I waited. For a Recertification, they will hold tank for a few days and give you back your tank. I Think it costs about $5 or $10 to get Recertified.

dp

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2008, 01:31 AM   #32
TJ-Bill
Recipes 

Well got everything in.. here's what I scored for $130

Old 11-27-2008, 02:05 AM   #33
TJ-Bill
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpostman View Post
2 Places here in Moncton to get CO2 Refills. Brunswick Fyr & Safety in the Industrial Park and Liquid Air off of Vaughn Harvey. I had my 5lb filled 2 weeks ago at Brunswick Fyr & Safety and they filled my tank while I waited. For a Recertification, they will hold tank for a few days and give you back your tank. I Think it costs about $5 or $10 to get Recertified.

dp
I've know of 2 place here in Freddy that fill the tanks..

I'm going to call tomorrow and see about the tank and if I can get it recertified.

Old 11-27-2008, 02:11 AM   #34
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

You can probably just swap tanks at weld supply, rather then get it re certified- expensive.

SWEET SCORE! Jealous. Little oxi cleaning and new lines... Now you need a chest freezer! Side note, I notice the regulator does not have 'high' gauge (what's left in the tank). I would suggest looking for a gauge, should be able to remove the cap not on the end (should have HI imprinted on the back) and screw it in. It's somewhat helpful in knowing when you tank is about to go empty on you.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:05 PM   #35
Dpostman
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Also, Notice where the white gas line goes into the regulator in your pic, that is the hi-pressur input to the regulator and needs to be either directly screwed into CO2 tank, or get the proper hose. Because regular gas line that we use Post-Regulator will not handle the 800PSI that this hose needs to handle.

As for the hi-side tank pressure gauge, I have 2 or 3 in my basement, but they read to 4000 PSI. I might have a 2000 PSI Gauge, I'll check. Princess Auto also have them I believe.

dp

Old 11-28-2008, 02:10 AM   #36
TJ-Bill
Recipes 

Thanks Guys.. good points.. this is all new to me. nice to know how much is in the tank and good point about the pressure into the regualtors. might not have thought of that..

How much pressure is in a full tank?

I still think I'm going to go with the smaller Cornies. getting Beer into those larger kegs looks like a pain, plus I dropped that full one on my foot.. not so much fun.

Old 11-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #37
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Hi-Side gauges normally go up to 1600-1800 PSI; Never really took notice on a full tank, but pressure doesn't actually go that high.

+1 on the smaller cornies; Like I said towards beginning of the thread, keep it around- just might have to make a keggle in the near future when you step up your brewing ;-)

Nice to see another shot of your fermentation chamber there- Why aren't the devil-dogs eyes glowing?

Old 11-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #38
TJ-Bill
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoRoToRiUm View Post
Hi-Side gauges normally go up to 1600-1800 PSI; Never really took notice on a full tank, but pressure doesn't actually go that high.

+1 on the smaller cornies; Like I said towards beginning of the thread, keep it around- just might have to make a keggle in the near future when you step up your brewing ;-)

Nice to see another shot of your fermentation chamber there- Why aren't the devil-dogs eyes glowing?
Thanks..

I asked the dogs to turn thier lazer eyes off for photo's from now on.. No lazer tag in the house..

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS