I've been trying to use TAD with three liter bottles, with a little success, but I've had problems:
- sometimes when I first connect the CO2 cartridge, the pressure release valve opens and lets out most of the CO2. Maybe this is just working as designed, keeping the bottle from being over pressurized, but keep reading...
- once when I connected a cartridge, a part from the release valve blew out and went flying across the room. I never did find it.
- sometimes its hard to get a good seal when screwing the TAD onto the bottle. I've tried Teflon tape, and washers, with intermittent success.
- twice I've had a TAD crack while I was trying to screw it on.
My conclusions are that:
1. The TAD, being made for a 6 liter bottle, does not regulate pressure correctly with a 3 liter bottle. (I'm not an engineer so I don't know if this makes any logical sense, but maybe it's because there is just too much initial pressure with a 3-liter for the release valve to handle).
2. The threading is slightly different with the 3 liter bottles, and that's what is causing the sealing problems and the cracked TADs. (BTW I was able to fix the TADs with epoxy putty).
3. I am giving up trying to use 3 liter bottles with TAD