Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > 2.5 gal of brew in 5 gal keg

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2008, 01:33 AM   #1
jay075j
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default 2.5 gal of brew in 5 gal keg

I think i already know the answer to this, but I need to make sure before i proceed. What is the effect of only kegging 2.5 gal of brew in a 5 gal keg? Should I make any adjustments to the Co2?

Jay

"All right, brain, I don't like you, and you don't like me, so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2008, 01:36 AM   #2
MikeInCtown
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Shouldn't make bit of difference how much you keg with. You don't start out with 12psi and than expect to know how much gets used so you can reduce to 3psi by the time it's almost empty. Also, you size your tubing runs to coincide with the pressure you are kegging with. Would you constantly change the pressure and reduce the length of hose as you drank more and more from the keg?

Bottled - Continental Pilsner, Island Mist Mango Citrus, Island Mist Wildberry Shiraz
Up next - AH Foster's clone, Labatt's clone, Hard Apple Cider,
The Independence Street Brew House

Old 03-30-2008, 02:39 AM   #3
paranode
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

No difference, make sure you equalize it and purge it a few times to get residual oxygen out though.

Quick Reply