Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > 1/6 barrel with sankey coupler

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 943 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by drocu View Post
I want to do something similar using a MFL fitting and my existing setup. Can you comment on how tall the Sankey coupler is with this fitting and tubing? My minifridge-turned-kegerator is 28" and I'd like to get 1/6 barrels if possible to fit.

I hate that life has become too busy for me to homebrew and I've been spending too much on bottles lately.
I will measure when I get home at 3:45, but this page should be accurate
http://www.micromatic.com/beer-quest...le-aid-11.html

With the coupler you already have you need the standard 5-6 inches clearance above the keg, so 28-29 inches. Should work, will be tight, but should work.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 PM   #12
DrunkleJon
I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 943 Times on 717 Posts
Likes Given: 484

It will be tight but if your first posts 28-1/4" is correct you can just get by. This is with some pinching of the inside of the line so there will be turbulance and a possible small amount of added foaming. If you can find the 90 degree elbow fitting Juan posted or a low profile american sankey coupler you will be set with room to spare. Hope this helps.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply