Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Young's U Brew Buddy Vs CWE

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
Dom-inator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Young's U Brew Buddy Vs CWE

Guys,

I've brewed cider a few times using CWE Very Strong White Cider, which I have enjoyed greatly. Today however I couldn't find it, and bought Youngs Brew Buddy Cider.

With the CWE I think it took 24 days from initiating the brewing until bottling. The Brew Buddy stuff says it is ready for bottling in 7 days (with a further 3 days to settle in the bottle). Is this correct? Has anyone used the Brew Buddy stuff before, and can confirms this works? It just doesnt seem like a very long time.

Thanks for your help,

Dom.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #2
magno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I haven't made cider, let alone used that kit, but I would venture to guess that seven days is on the short side of the time you want to let that ferment. It will probably be close to done by then, but if you let it sit a little longer more yeast will fall out of suspension.

Anyone else please chime in because I am far from the expert.

- magno

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply