Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > is this yeast or is it keeving??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #11
Devo9
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 53

The honey should have disolved already, I wouldn't worry about that. Just try not to splash it around too much to avoid oxidation. Honestly I wouldn't really be in a hurry to rack anyways, I am pretty confident that it isn't anything serious. But this is your first brew, and I guess playing it safe doesn't hurt.

Good luck!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #12
jaidedk
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Well in that case I think I may just talk a walk on the wild side. Ive been studying this like its my job haha which right now it is. "I dont want to be rack happy" Ive read that people rack to much or maybe when they should just let it do its thing so I am going to have faith in myself and say its good.
I work at a small but growing local brewery here in WA. and my hubs god father is a home brewer as well. I know I could do some picking at their brains but they'd probably tell me they dont brew cider lol so thanks for the help. I think thats what Im most excited about is being able to go share some of my homemade cider with the man (my hubs god father) who always shares with us and of course my boss. I guess its just exciting to share with someone who gets what its like. I see your a mead maker I love that stuff. Is the process much longer/ harder then ciders? My hubs wants to make apple wine next (he tried finnriver apple wine and loved it) but I'd love to try out different things like a mead. Were pretty lucky as we live on a small farm with a apple orchard and his parents also have one too. we have a abundance of berries. Blue,black,huckle,straw,rasp. We're amazingly blessed with all these goodies we grow on our farm and at his parents & I think its only right we use them as many ways as we can lol. well heres to luck huh haha. cheers on ya new friend

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply