Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Wlp001

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #1
snaps10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Wlp001

So I finished a blond ale the other day and was looking at my clean yeast cake and remembered that I had 4 gallons of apple juice in the garage. Being in a lazy mood, I decided to just go ahead and add the juice to the cake. I put in 1 gallon and swirled it well. Then added the others. With 1/2 gallon left I added 1 lb of honey and shook the bottle up like made (like I do with my Apfelwein). Lid on, airlock in, quite happy with how fast it all turned out. 48hrs later, no activity. The yeast cake was good as the beer had slowed to 1 bubble per minute when I racked it to the keg. Any ideas?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
snaps10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaps10
So I finished a blond ale the other day and was looking at my clean yeast cake and remembered that I had 4 gallons of apple juice in the garage. Being in a lazy mood, I decided to just go ahead and add the juice to the cake. I put in 1 gallon and swirled it well. Then added the others. With 1/2 gallon left I added 1 lb of honey and shook the bottle up like made (like I do with my Apfelwein). Lid on, airlock in, quite happy with how fast it all turned out. 48hrs later, no activity. The yeast cake was good as the beer had slowed to 1 bubble per minute when I racked it to the keg. Any ideas?
Oh yeah. I've never done a cider with WLP001, but have used it for close to 100 gallons of bear this year.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply