Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > What should i carb with?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
SkyeBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default What should i carb with?

I know this is somewhere on here but I just don't have time to dig. But I am about to bottle my apple cider. It's just a basic simple cider recipe. I want it nice and carbonated my plan is the back sweeten with some apple juice and then bottle it. But do I bottle it with dextrose or is simple cane sugar ok?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
WilliamSlayer
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBrewer View Post
I know this is somewhere on here but I just don't have time to dig. But I am about to bottle my apple cider. It's just a basic simple cider recipe. I want it nice and carbonated my plan is the back sweeten with some apple juice and then bottle it. But do I bottle it with dextrose or is simple cane sugar ok?
Your yeast will use the sugar from the apple juice to create the carbonation. No need for anything else.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
reverendj1
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 114

If you want to backsweeten, carb and bottle, you need to stovetop pasteurize. Otherwise you will get bottle bombs. There is a thread on here about it.

Quick Reply