Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Truvia in hard cider

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 01:31 AM   #1
jwangelin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Truvia in hard cider

My first hard cider came out real dry. The 2 gallon pail sat in my closet for one year and the alcohol content is about 7%. It seemed too dry for my taste. After some research I decided to sweeten it with a little truvia. I didn't hear too many bad reviews and it's a natural sweetener. Since bottling I was able to coax a little carbonation out of it, not too much. Now for the taste and color. It went from clear to a diluted mountain dew color. As for the taste,,, terrible! I had added just enough to the batch to get a slight bit of sweetness, the flavor increased over time. I will never use truvia this again. My burned stout beer batch tastes far better.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 02:39 AM   #2
selfdestructed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Ya know, I am gonna get yelled at but her goes.

I always ferment dry. I then use concentrate and fresh juice to sweeten, flavor and prime. I do it when I can time out do that I will have a couple days off. I then add splenda to make it a little too sweet. Once it carbs, out won't be too sweet anymore. I use a coke bottle for my tester. I then bottle pasterize at 170 for 15 minutes. I usually lose one bottle per five gallons.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply