Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Trader Joes Cider (Newton's Folly)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 12:46 AM   #1
Edcculus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 38 Posts

Default Trader Joes Cider (Newton's Folly)

Just thought I'd throw out a word of warning. Don't even bother with this stuff. I pick up the occasional commercial cider. They are pretty few and far between in the states and end up being fairly expensive. We just got a Trader Joes, so I thought I'd pick out a sixer of their house branded Cider. I went with the Granny Smith blend since I thought it would have the most potential to be drier and "not bad".

Well I was wrong. There is less color in this Cider than Bud 55. The flavor that is there is merely alcopop. I was hoping to find a good cheap(er) draft style cider that I could buy locally. Guess I have to keep looking.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
oldmate
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

http://www.greengoblincider.com/

That is the single best cider I have ever had. Bit expensive, but definitely worth it. I recommend checking it out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply