New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > topping off cider in secondary with another fermented cider with different yeast?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #1
porky_pine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Default topping off cider in secondary with another fermented cider with different yeast?

I just racked a cider that has been sitting in primary for a month and a half. It smelled sulphury so I racked it to another carboy. This cider had Wyeast Sweet Cider yeast. There was a lot of room in the top of the carboy so I racked about a gallon of another completely fermented cider on top, this one had a Wyeast German wheat yeast. Did I mess anything up? I figured that since both the ciders reached their final gravities that it shouldn't be a big deal. I was going to just pour a gallon of fresh apple juice on top but I didn't want it to start fermenting again.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3856 Times on 2817 Posts
Likes Given: 644

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky_pine View Post
I just racked a cider that has been sitting in primary for a month and a half. It smelled sulphury so I racked it to another carboy. This cider had Wyeast Sweet Cider yeast. There was a lot of room in the top of the carboy so I racked about a gallon of another completely fermented cider on top, this one had a Wyeast German wheat yeast. Did I mess anything up? I figured that since both the ciders reached their final gravities that it shouldn't be a big deal. I was going to just pour a gallon of fresh apple juice on top but I didn't want it to start fermenting again.
Seems fine to me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply