Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Are there Bembels with the EdWort Apfelwein Logo available?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
chuggs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Default Are there Bembels with the EdWort Apfelwein Logo available?

I just started my first batch of EdWort's Apfelwein.

I started researching a bit about the Apfelwein...and it appears that it's roots are from Hessen, Germany. There they serve Apfelwein from Grey Clay Pitchers called "Bembels"...which are decorated with a blue Salt glaze of sorts.

http://www.apfelwein-shop.de/epages/61139794.sf/sec7e4FTQUhIhk/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61139794/Products/0008

It's served in special glasses called "Geripptes"...supposedly to help you maintain a grip on the drink -- back in the day when folks ate meat without utensils (like we eat hamburgers )...leaving their hands slippery from the grease.

http://www.apfelwein-shop.de/epages/61139794.sf/sec7e4FTQUhIhk/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61139794/Products/0015

So, I just wanted to check to see if anyone sells these things with the "EdWort's Apfelwein" logo...before ordering some that say Adolf Wagner" on them...

Wishful thinking

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 PM   #2
jcobbs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I could see washing down some BBQ ribs on a hot day with a Bembel of apfelwein...and definitely needing geripptes to keep hold of the glass after gnawing on those ribs!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply