Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Strawberry Cider questions!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2008, 12:42 AM   #11
dragonlor20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

You might try checking Trader Joe's (I don't know if they have that where you live) or some other organic-type store to see if they don't have strawberry juice of some kind. Fermenting that once seems faster than fermenting apfelwein once and then fermenting again with strawberries. Plus you would, of course, be getting strictly strawberry cider.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2008, 01:33 AM   #12
Ooompa Loompa
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'd say do a 5 gal batch of apfelwein, let it sit for a month, kill the yeast, then throw it in the keg with 3 cans of strawberry juice concentrate. I'll bet that would be awesome.

Drinking: Super Shpadoinkle Blonde Ale

Old 05-29-2008, 02:36 AM   #13
Freezeblade
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlor20 View Post
You might try checking Trader Joe's (I don't know if they have that where you live) or some other organic-type store to see if they don't have strawberry juice of some kind. Fermenting that once seems faster than fermenting apfelwein once and then fermenting again with strawberries. Plus you would, of course, be getting strictly strawberry cider.
I've actually finished up a cider-style drink using Trader Joes "Sir Strawberry" which contains White grape, apple and strawberry juices. As far as I know, stawberry juice is not sold at trader joe's, however you can get strawberries pretty cheap (here at least, we are in strawberry season), blend them up and add to your apple juice, that's what I'm planning on next actually. On the "Sir Strawberry" ferment, turned out sweet, but kinda bland, next time I'm going to add brown sugar instead of cane, possibly give it more character. it's wonderful for a hot summer day though, fizzy and refreshing.
Aging:Public House Dry Stout, Procrastination Porter, Mr. Brown Ale, Westvleteren 12 Clone, Mead, Duvel Clone, Graham's English Cider 6-21, Belgian Draak Strong Ale, Fig Melomel, Acerglyn, Restorative Tonic Metheglyn

Old 05-31-2008, 09:53 PM   #14
warboss100
Recipes 

as im fron england i can't buy strawberry concentrate from a can sadly, so how much strawberry syrup would you need for 5 gallons of apfelwien?
cheers.

Quick Reply