Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > store bought juice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
iamatuna
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default store bought juice

Hey all

so ive done a few ciders in the past using store bought juice from costco and i had some good results; only thing is they stopped selling the juice. Anyway i bought something close to it (same brand but different type) and ll the ciders have tasted like.....nothing. No flavour at all :S:S:S especially after they have aged for a few months.

I was just wondering what are some jucies that people have used with good results? and is juice from say an orchard that much better than the store bought stuff?

All the best
Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2011, 02:34 AM   #2
Bush_84
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Much better from an orchard!!! I have had luck with Musselmann's cider and Indian Summer. You could always try a few 1 gal batches of different juices. Hope that helps.

Primary- Raspberry Melomel - Raspberry Cider
Secondary-Welch Grape Wine - Mapfelwien
Bottled- Mott's Cider - Strawberry Mead - Hard Lemonade - The 84 Bushwacker (~11 abv cider) -Mixed Berry Cider - Graff
-The 84 Bushwacker v2.0

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply