Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Started my cider today

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #11
Pickled_Pepper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 20

It will probably take a little while before it even bubbles once. The yeasties are mostly slumbering right now and racking reduced their numbers. It should eventually pick up again, but won't be vigorous. I rarely see my secondaries bubble. It taunts me with "Airlock Pressure" and then probably releases when I leave the room. haha

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
buffalo
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickled_Pepper View Post
It will probably take a little while before it even bubbles once. The yeasties are mostly slumbering right now and racking reduced their numbers. It should eventually pick up again, but won't be vigorous. I rarely see my secondaries bubble. It taunts me with "Airlock Pressure" and then probably releases when I leave the room. haha
,i actually just walked out to the garage and it bubbled for me,then i stood there for a few minutes and it did nothing,lol. How long do you usually let it sit in secondary?,or do you just go by gravity readings?.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
Pickled_Pepper
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I only add sugar to bring my gravity up above 1.050 and then use nottingham ale yeast. Mine's "beer-ish" ABV (6%?) and it's not bone dry. For my tastes, I just let it go till it's clear and then bottle it. A month maybe? There's a lot of variables with the process so each person's brew will be different.

Old 12-27-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
buffalo
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickled_Pepper View Post
I only add sugar to bring my gravity up above 1.050 and then use nottingham ale yeast. Mine's "beer-ish" ABV (6%?) and it's not bone dry. For my tastes, I just let it go till it's clear and then bottle it. A month maybe? There's a lot of variables with the process so each person's brew will be different.
Got it,i just added juice and no sugar to the secondary so i'll go by what it tests out at. Thanks again for the help,i really appreciate it.

Quick Reply