Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Stainless Fruit Press

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2011, 10:37 PM   #1
littlelord
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Stainless Fruit Press

Anyone have any opinions on this press? It's Italian made and sold at williams...http://www.williamsbrewing.com/180-OZ-STAINLESSALUMINUM-FRUIT-PRESS-P1326.aspx

having never used a fruit press before i have no idea if this is adequate for my needs. i'd like to do 5 gallon batches of cider/apfelwein this fall...

j30.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #2
littlelord
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

fyi... i'm mostly curious about the size of this press. i know the fruit has to be crushed first etc... thanks!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
RobWalker
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You can make 5 gallons of cider using a blender if you want. Like all things you just need some time, and a press will increase your juice yield too. It will be fine

Old 08-11-2011, 06:59 AM   #4
gregbathurst
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts

That sort of press isn't very practical. the yield from basket presses isn't very good, and being so small it would be very slow to do a good quantity. You would be better to buy a tool press off ebay or build a wooden press yourself (there are a few threads on this forum about building a press, or google). There is also the problem of a mill/scratter to turn the apples into pulp before pressing. If you can get a good mill and press setup you can have years of fun, experimenting with different apple cultivars/crabapples, even planting some trees. Don't waste your money on a little toy press like that.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
ukwin
Recipes 

Default kyaw win

Dear Sir,
I am interested in stainless steel fruit press (15 Gallon) and want to know for quotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelord View Post
Anyone have any opinions on this press? It's Italian made and sold at williams...http://www.williamsbrewing.com/180-OZ-STAINLESSALUMINUM-FRUIT-PRESS-P1326.aspx

having never used a fruit press before i have no idea if this is adequate for my needs. i'd like to do 15 gallon batches of cider/apfelwein this fall...

Old 08-07-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
saramc
Recipes 

Liked 146 Times on 132 Posts

I have a 3.2gal hydraulic press from http://store.homebrewheaven.com/mobile/storefront.aspx and it is ideal for me (physically disabled with neck and back issues). Small enough that I can do everything on my own. Last year, to 'help me' without my knowledge, my son put plywood sheet on driveway, clean/sanitized tarp/liner on bottom and folded over the top and sides to make a package, cover with more plywood and drive over the covered apples with the riding mower a few times. Pick up tarp edges and into crusher it goes. Was awesome. Uncoventional as all get out, but it worked!! I have no idea how many apples or what kind they were but I had 8 gallons of cider by the time all was said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukwin View Post
Dear Sir,
I am interested in stainless steel fruit press (15 Gallon) and want to know for quotation.
Unfortunately I do not think you will ever find a 15-gal SS press for home use anyway, perhaps commercial.

Motto: quel che sara sara

Quick Reply