Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > second cider

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
Cheapo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default second cider

Hey all,

So during the move our old landlord decided to pop into our old place and also to toss my hand pressed apple cider I had going (not sure if y'all remember it) so I decided to go the easier route should something happen to this batch :banana:

I got two 2L's of rougemont, added 1 cup sugar to one, 2.5 cups sugar to the other (I like having different things to taste) and also.......a 4L of cranberry cocktail! Added 3 cups sugar to the cranberry

Pitched re-hydrated ec1118, and popped airlocks onto all 3.

The lower sugar has been a slower, steadier ferment, keeping the foam up top almost all the time. Higher sugar has been a mad ferment, but foams on and off with the temp (they're outside, (keeps em out of kids eyesight) and the cranberry has been a slower steadier ferment, with little in the way of foam. Can't wait to try this stuff!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply