Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Ribena Cider?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
justagoat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Ribena Cider?

Im new to this, Ive made a couple of the Tinned Kits with reasonable success,but i was thinking of this for next recipe,any input greatly appreciatted

i was thinking

4 litres Ribena
2 Litres Ribena no added sugar
6 Litres Pure Apple Juice
10 litres water
1 kg sugar
was also thinking about strawberry teabags to give it a hint of flavouring...dunno if thatll work.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Jacob_Marley
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 205 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Ribena has preservatives. Metabisulfite AND sorbate.
The Sodium metabisulfite is ok ... the Potassium Sorbate would not work so well.

I would just go find some straight blackcurrant juice and use that instead of Ribena.
As far as the juice, like I say if the juice has metabisulfite that is fine ... just give it a good aeration for a day before using ... but if it has sorbate that is a problem.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply