Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > Reading mixed messages on the success of using pure cherry concentrate...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
rocketsan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 37 Posts

Default Reading mixed messages on the success of using pure cherry concentrate...

Picked up a bottle of 100% pure, preservative free, cherry concentrate.

Did a search here but didn't really see any consensus on successful use of it.

Want a cherry whisper but reading that if mixed in the primary, I'll lose all cherry aspects...is this correct?

Reading that if I pitch it into the secondary, it'll ferment out and I'll lose it there as well...is this correct?

Reading that it may be best to use it at bottling...I want a carbonated cider...will I still need priming sugar as well as concentrate or does cherry concentrate have enough sugar to bubble up my junk?

Any help is appreciated...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 03:02 AM   #2
Vikings
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 6

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f32/help...-fixed-432058/

I used concentrated cherry juice and it completely overwhelmed the apple flavor. I used 2 cups for 5 gallons and it unpalatable. I then diluted to 8 gallons and it is delicious, but with no noticeable apple due to the overwhelming cherry flavor. I would start out very, very light. You can always add more.
image.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply