Originally Posted by Firehawk69
I'm currently working on my first cider batch and I have a question. There is a strong sulphur smell coming out of the airlock right now and I was curious if there was anything I could do to get that to go away. Would it be possible to use campden tablets in the secondary to get the smell gone? I never had to use campden when I make mead as I have never had the sulphur problem before. Please help!
It should go away on its own after a few days or so. It means the yeast is stressed which could be from lack of nutrient....however mine did that even tho I used nutrient
Future Brews Graff! - is it beer? is it cider?! is it GOOD?! we will see.
Primary Cherry Apple Wine, White Grape Peach Mango Mead (the mead baby)
Secondary Bog Monster Cranberry Grape Melomel the 2nd
Bottled Bog Monster Cranberry Grape Melomel, Grape Burn and Pillage Pyment
Kegged A Dark Ale w/No Name, Tosh's Cinnamon Challenge Cider, Carabou Slobber